Hong Kong Youth Aviation Academy operates as an official test centre for Mayflower College in the UK, which is approved to conduct language proficiency testing by the UK Civil Aviation Authority.
This test is suitable for candidates who have (or want to have) a UK CAA licence.
To register please:
- Save the TEA Registration Form to your computer. Complete the form and email it with a copy of the photo page of your passport that you are registering with to our administrator - email@example.com (note: you must bring this passport on your test day and the passport number will appear on your certificate).
- In your email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicate your requested test date/ time and we will email you back to confirm.
- Pay the test fees on this website. Test fees must be paid at the time of registration using FPS/ PayMe/ Bank Transfer/ Paypal. Note: If you are unable to collect your TEA certificate in person, please make sure you select and pay for the appropriate delivery service (local/ international delivery).
After the test:
(1) You will receive an electronic certificate
(2) Please note that there is currently no option to offer paper certificates. (Candidates may pay for a paper copy in future as an additional service, however that will only possible once the TEA headquarters have returned to work in the UK.)
Appeals must be made to HKYAA in writing no later than one month after certificates have been dispatched. Candidates must return their certificate to HKYAA and pay the full test fee. Appealed tests are re-assessed via TEA HQ, and an Official Appeal Result Form will be sent to the Centre Administrator to forward onto the appealing candidate. If the Senior Examiners award:
- a higher Overall Score, a new certificate is dispatched to the Centre immediately. The original certificate must be destroyed and the candidate must receive a refund of the appeal fee.
- the same Overall Score, the Centre should re-issue the original certificate and the candidate does not receive a refund.
- a lower Overall Score, the Centre should re-issue the original certificate and the candidate does not receive a refund.
To apply for an appeal, please send an email to email@example.com and complete your payment here.
Information about the test:
You can find more information about the test here.
Hong Kong Youth Aviation Academy
3/F, 280 Portland Street Commercial Building,
Mong Kok, Kowloon
Tel/ (852) 2777-7573
HKYAA is committed to ensuring that there is a clear distinction between training and testing. Teachers are trained not to offer direct test preparation and they work in line with the ILTA Code of Ethics. Teachers do not directly prepare candidates for the test and no teacher is ever allowed to assess the performance of a student they have taught.